It is important to not only keep your Windows Software updated, (to ensure you have the latest security patches to keep you safe online), but you should also keep your preferred in Internet Browser updated to the latest version for the same reason.
In the last couple of days Google has informed us of a vulnerability of their Internet Browser Chrome. In particular for those still using Windows 7, and have released a patch.
How to update Chrome on your Desktop
1. Open Your Chrome Browser
2. Click on the More button – i.e. the 3 dots in the top right corner of the application.
3. Click or hover over the “Help” option, which will bring up it’s sub-menu.
4. Click on “About Google Chrome”.
5. The “About Chrome” page will tell you if you have the latest version, or if you need to upgrade.
6. Follow the prompts to upgrade, if required.
How to Update Chrome on your Phone or Tablet
This one is a little easier.
Happy Internet-ing 🙂